We want you to understand why we collect your personal information, how the confidentiality of this information is protected and how you can find out what information concerning you is recorded. This policy applies to all Truth Gym Galleries across Canada.
Truth Gym Gallery is responsible for your personal information under its control.
Personal information is information about you as an individual, and includes information that identifies you and that can be used to contact you. This includes such information as your name, birth date, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, banking information, credit card number, and the like. It may also include information about your health and fitness levels and goals, if you have communicated these to us. We also collect data about the services that you purchase from us, the frequency of your visits to our clubs and about the specific equipment, classes and services that you take advantage of, so that we may constantly strive to offer you the best range of fitness options.
We may also combine your personal information with that of other individuals to create aggregate data which we will use, for example, to improve our products and services and develop new ones. Aggregate data is general information about groups of customers but not about you as an individual. We may also disclose aggregate member data to be used in academic research (e.g., exercise adherence), provided, however, your data will never be individually identified or identifiable in reports of the research findings; only aggregated data (group averages) will be presented.
In the interest of security and prevention of crime, we may take a digital photograph of you when you become a member. We will use that photograph to verify your identity when you attend the club. If you don’t wish to provide your photograph, you may decline, and you may ask us to delete your photograph at a later date. If we do not have your photograph on your member profile, we may ask you to provide identification to verify your identity when you attend our clubs. Your photograph will be deleted when your membership is terminated in our systems.
Truth Gym Gallery wants to hear from our members regarding any issues or comments they may have with respect to their memberships or any services offered by our clubs. We may record this information and transmit it to our clubs in order to address them in the appropriate manner. When you contact us, by post, telephone, fax, email, SMS, live chat, through our website or through social media, we collect the information that you disclose to us. This may include details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and phone number, as well as your questions, inquiries, comments, complaints or requests. If you correspond with us through any media, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
From time to time, we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes and which we will use, for example, to improve our products and services and develop new ones. We will collect the information that you provide if you respond, however you are under no obligation to respond to them.
We use video surveillance in our clubs to protect the rights, property and safety of Truth Gym Gallery, our employees, members and others.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or authorized by law.
Truth Gym Gallery collects personal information for the following purposes:
- to understand your fitness and other related needs and objectives and to assist you in achieving them
- to determine your eligibility for membership and for receiving our products and services
- to provide you with a copy of your membership contract and other related agreements
- to process your membership payments and to ensure that your account remains up-to-date
- to invite you to participate in member surveys or other opinion-gathering devices that assist us in making our clubs more responsive to your needs
- to inform you of various matters relating to your membership
- to send you newsletters and other information about our products and services that we believe may be of interest to you
- to conduct contests, prize draws, competitions and other special promotions
- to protect against harm to the rights, property and safety of Truth Gym Gallery, our employees, members and others
Truth Gym Gallery may ask you for contact information such as your telephone, mobile or fax number or e-mail address, and keep and use this information as well as disclose it to other trusted third parties so that we or any of these third parties may contact you directly through these channels for the purpose of marketing (including telephone and e-mail marketing and automated telephone messages) of goods, services and special offers that may be of interest to you. Your consent to this is not a condition of your membership with Truth Gym Gallery and you may withdraw it at any time (see below).
Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. When you become a member of Truth Gym Gallery, you consent to the use of your personal information for the purposes listed above. You may refuse or withdraw your consent at any time; however we may not then be able to provide you with our full range of services. We will advise you when you refuse or withdraw your consent of the impact that will have on what we are able to provide.
Third Party Disclosure
Truth Gym Gallery is not in the business of selling member information to others. We do contract with trusted companies to act on our behalf to fulfill certain functions. We may use third party service providers to process or handle personal information on our behalf and to assist us with various services such as data processing, printing, mail distribution, content, advertising, data analytics, and marketing. Some of our service providers are located outside of Canada. As a result, your personal information may be accessible to regulatory authorities in accordance with the law of these jurisdictions. We will take steps to ensure that such parties adhere to our policy with respect to the protection of your personal information.
Except as set out in this policy or as required or permitted by law, Truth Gym Gallery will not sell or disclose any of your personal information to any other organization or transmit personal information to third parties without first obtaining your consent. Truth Gym Gallery may, however, disclose information in the following cases:
- to enforce or apply our membership agreements
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Truth Gym Gallery, our employees, our members and others
- to comply with a subpoena, warrant or order
- to a police force, if required by law
- to a person authorized by a law or collective agreement
- to an investigative body or government institution which can oblige us to do so
- in emergency situations in which we believe that the life, health or safety of a member or other person may be in danger
- to an agent retained by Truth Gym Gallery in connection with the collection of your account
- if all or a part of our business is sold, we may transfer information we have about you in preparation for or as part of completing that transaction
In-Club Wireless Access