CALL FOR SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
Gym members, family and friends Juried Art Exhibition 2022
Here is a video tour of our finished exhibit.
The Truth Gym Gallery will host the 2022 Juried Art Exhibition. Artists working in all media and disciplines are welcome.
The Truth Gym Gallery (TGG) is interested in hosting an exhibition for the Gym Members, Family and Friends, which showcases the best representation of each artist’s body of work. Submitted works will invite the viewer to explore and understand the artist’s journey from which they have emerged with a deepened understanding of their medium.
Melissa La Porte
Melissa La Porte has completed two Masters of Arts degrees, one from the University of Guelph in Art and Visual Culture and another in Comparative kinds of literature and the Arts from Brock University. She has been the Executive Director/Curator of the Temiskaming Art Gallery since 2017.
Cesar Forero is a Colombian-born Canadian citizen with a background and training in architecture, sculpture, painting, and public performance. Forero holds an MA from Minnesota State University and an MFA from the University of Waterloo, Ontario. He has taught architecture, design and art at the university/college level in Colombia, the United States, and Canada. He is the curator of the Truth Gym Gallery. He currently sits on the Ontario Society of Artists boards, the Temiskaming Art Gallery in Haileybury, the Sculptors Society of Canada in Toronto, and the Contemporary Art Committee in Kirkland Lake, Ontario. He is the creator and current president.
*** By submitting the form above above, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the entry rules of this document and waive the Truth Gym Gallery from any responsibility for damaged works.***
Categories of Entry:
(max. dimensions 60 in. x 60 in.,)
(must be able to fit through a regular single doorway, 32 in. wide)
Performance & Video Works
(Music, Story Telling, Dance Theatre)
No longer than 5 minutes, not including credits
- An artist may submit a maximum of TWO entries in each category. All work must be original, created by the entrant, no older than two years and not previously shown at the Truth Gym Gallery.
- A brief (80 words max.) written synopsis of each work must be included with the entry. Works not including this synopsis will not be accepted.
- All 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional works must be wired appropriately and prepared for hanging/displaying. Works NOT designed for display may not be considered. If the TGG staff must alter the work for hanging, they will not be responsible for any damages to the works.
- Shipping of work to and from the exhibit is the sole responsibility of the artist. The TGG assumes no responsibility or liability for loss or damage that may occur in transit or off of TGG property or any damages which occur 48 hours after the exhibition and TGG insurance coverage ends. Shipping costs must be pre-paid or prearranged prior to the initial shipment of the work.
- All shipping and packaging materials must be labelled with the artist’s name and works, and include an inventory of all materials necessary for shipping.
- Items will be inspected upon arrival, then photographed and catalogued. Any damage will be reported to the owner immediately.
- Entries that are accepted must be on display from June 15th to July 13th, 2022.
- If the works need to be picked up, the artist must do so no later than 4 pm on July 14, 2022. After that, a ten-dollar fee will be charged per day as TGG does not have the space to accommodate excess artwork.
- The exhibit is juried by digital images and video files. Do not send original artwork. Only representations of the work need to be submitted, and originals will be delivered if accepted. Digital files on CD must be in jpeg format, about 1MB in size and readable on a PC. For sculpture entries, please submit at least two images per artwork. Entries will also be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each entry must be received at TAG by Wednesday, June 10, 2022. NOTE: Do not submit original work at this time. The TGG will not be responsible for loss or damage to materials submitted by mail.
- The digital jurying will be the final selection for works accepted for the show.
- Successful entrants will be notified by email.
- Accepted works must be received by TGG no earlier than June 8, 2022 and no later than June 10th, 2022.
- Sales: Should an artist choose to have their work for sale, a 25% commission is deducted from the sale price. The Artist must include this commission in the price they set and record that price on the entry form. 25% of sales will go to TGG; IMPORTANT DATES:
Entry Deadline: June 1, 2022
Jurying: June 3, 2022
Delivery of Selected Pieces: Between June 8 and June 10, 2022
Opening Reception: June 25th, 2022
Exhibition Dates: June 15th to July 13th, 2022.